MOTS - The Manczur-Ormosi-Thurlow Scale of quantitative analysis of pop culture narrative through a binary system.
These are the 10 questions that comprise MOTS system. All answers are based on a (subjective) 1/0, Yes/No scale. Throughout the podcasts we expound upon each of our answers, but the entire exercise could theoretically be done through 1/0 responses only:
The below is the most recent iteration, earlier casts use a slightly different variation.
- Effectiveness/impression of the initial introduction/opening to the work
- Effectiveness/impression of the overall body of the work up to the conclusion
- Effectiveness/impression of the conclusion of the work
- Themes contained and addressed in the work
- Strength and use of antagonist/s in the work
- Strength and use of protagonist/s in the work
- Strength and use of secondary/supporting cast in the work
- Strength and use of dialogue in the work
- The style of the work as related to its specific medium
- Overall recommendation and final impression of the work
We encourage listeners to use MOTS themselves when analyzing and reviewing their own narrative experiences.